Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Birthday Pasta

Tonight was new food night.  Tonight was also my birthday night!  So I got to choose the menu for tonight.  Of course I went with my favorite - PASTA!!!  

Now, it could not be just any pasta - it had to be something new. So Gary found three new recipes for pasta and let me choose.  I went with Pancetta and Leek Pasta  --





Gary gathered up all the ingredients and made this scrumptious pasta. We had never used leeks before  - they tasted a little bit like a mild green onion. As you can see the sauce is full of delicious good for you items like butter, heavy cream, white wine, Parmesan cheese.  He cooked up the pancetta then added leeks and butter and let this cook down for about 8 minutes.  He then added wine and reduced this down then added cream and shaved in a block of Parmesan cheese.  Tossed in the pasta and it was ready for us to chow down on.


Miss Annette made a salad to go along with the pasta. This was just a plain salad with some
Greek olives, onions, pepper rings and topped with Pesto croutons and a simple vinaigrette dressing.


Mr. Rick brought some garlic bread to top off the meal.



Now this is a birthday meal that I cannot wait to eat.


And wasn't it nice of Rick to dress up in a bow tie for the meal?


My favorite dessert - German Chocolate cake.


And Gary thought he would be smart and switch the numbers  LOL -- that's ok -- I probably wont' be around for the 75th so we can celebrate both of them tonight.  Since I'm celebrating two birthday years this must mean I get two pieces of cake, right?


I put some fall decorations on the table (probably should pull the rest of them out of the attic),  Now be honest, how many of you wish that you were here to share new food night with us?   Stay tuned because next week is another birthday week meal.  


No comments:

Post a Comment