Thursday, April 28, 2016

Things I Love




Remember the old Tom T. Hall song "I Love".  He sings about a bunch of things he really enjoys.

I thought I would share with you some of my I LOVES and they are in no particular order.

This won't encompass all of them and keep in mind, I'm a pretty simplistic person overall. It doesn't take to much to make me happy.  Last night Gary took me to Starbucks and he asked what flavor I wanted. I was unable to see the menu board so I said 'just get me the cinnamon dolce latte.  You can't go wrong with cinnamon anything.  

So let's just start with 

Cinnamon  - anything is good with cinnamon  --- coffee - toast. And it smells so good - reminds me of Christmas.  Maybe that's why I love it. 


Christmas - really? Are you going to tell me you didn't know this would be on my list?

Laughter - I love laughter - especially the laughter of children.  It's contagious and makes me laugh.  

texts that make me laugh  This is one of my all time favorites.  You know those texts you get that just make you respond LOL and you have literally just laughed out loud over the text itself.  These typically for me come from Shellie but today has been an awesome day and I have received several these from K.C., Adam and Michael.  

FAMILY - I love family and family time.  I love spending time with my family. 

The Beach!!!  Oh man do I love the beach!  I love the sand - the sun - the waves - the family with me at the beach - the laughter we have at the beach. I could easily be a beach bum. 


coffee - I love the taste of coffee - I love the smell of coffee. I know a lot of my friends are with me on this one (and maybe some aren't but I'm sorry - I love coffee). I grew up drinking coffee. The pot was always on at our house. I have grand kids who share this love with me but only one of my girls acquired the love. Isn't it funny that the two girls who don/t like coffee are the ones who have kids who do?  LOL  My son likes coffee as well but his more creamer than coffee.  

Tootsie Rolls - one of my favoritest candies.  yum yum

Licorice -- Licorice is good stuff!  I love it!  I even love the black licorice. I know most people don't. One of my brothers brought me a bag of it one time when he came to visit. OH MAN was it good.  I also came to work one day to find a friend had had some put on my desk!  What a great surprise that was.  I don't like if someone tells me they love black licorice when they see I have some. That means they want me to share it and I don't really want to do so.  

TURTLES  
         Turtles are cool  I wish I was a turtle. I've always liked them. As a kid I always had a box turtle for a pet. The stupid thing would always want to hibernate in the winter. Stupid turtle where do you think you are going to hibernate in a house?  I love that we have Turtle Pond here in Tulsa (locals call it Swan Lake - but there are more turtles than swans). The grand kids and I love to go there. 

That I can amuse myself
    This one may sound kind of strange but it's true - I amuse myself.  Sometimes I think of something so funny that I want share with Gary or one of the girls and I'm laughing before I even share it.  I will admit that Gary does not always find some of these things as amusing as I do but that's ok - I found it amusing.  


Reading - I love to read!  I have always enjoyed reading. I grew up in a household that loved to read. My parents read and my brothers and I read. There was never any limitations put on what we could read. I loved it when my dad would go to an auction and come home with a box of books.  It was like Christmas!  And I love that my three oldest daughters love to read and that my grandkids love to read.  


There you have it - a few of my I LOVES -- how about you? What are some of yours?












No comments:

Post a Comment