Friday, April 8, 2016

Restaurant Ripoff

Bet that title grabbed your attention.

No I am not going to be talking about how we got ripped off at a restaurant. I'm going to talk about our New Food Night!  That's right -- we decided to try a little restaurant ripoff of some of our favorite foods.

As usual I set the table up. I just happen to like to have centerpieces on my tables. Not everyone does and that's okay. It just happens to be something I like - not sure why as I didn't grow up with them.
Anyway, here's tonight's.



I usually just use things I have around the house to create my centerpieces.

Now we started off with a little Olive Garden salad that Ms. Annette made for us.



Who doesn't love the salad at Olive Garden?  If you don't there must be something wrong with you.  And to make it simple, they sell Olive Garden salad dressing!

Gary made up some Jason's Deli Chicken Pot Pie.This is the start of it.  I didn't pay a lot of attention but know that it's potatoes, celery, carrots, chicken, half and half.  I know there is more but doesn't it look good?  It was - so creamy.


  Lily was way excited about this as he used our little mini casserole dishes.



Now Gary ladled the mixture into our casserole dishes and topped them with baked puff pastry.




So yummy!!!!

K.C. made Avocado Egg Rolls from the Cheesecake Factory.



I love avocado and when you fry it!  Nothing better.

I had a special request from Lily. And it had to be me making it as it would not be new food for Grampa.



She wanted some Church's fried chicken. Since Grampa changed jobs she has not been able to enjoy one of her favorite snacks.



I was told that I did good. And this is big for me because I don't like to fry food. Hardly ever do so - especially deep frying like this.

Mr. Rick brought a favorite of I think everyone.  Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits.



Don't they look yummy?  We could not get enough of these.

After we had all tried one he let us in a little secret he had.



That's right!  They make a mix for this.  Who knew?

Now we needed to have a dessert. This wasn't exactly new food for any of us but I had promised K.C. I would make her some and hadn't yet.




That's right - some bread pudding.  I LOVE bread pudding. It is good hot. It is good cold. It is just plain good. And this is the way I like it.  No sauces on my bread pudding.  Just lots of bread, milk, eggs, sugar.  I believe this will qualify for restaurant ripoff as I got the recipe from the restaurant I worked at in Iowa -- the Randolph Cafe.  I also made this sometimes at my restaurant in Mount Moriah -- Kathie's Korner Kafe.

So now - who's ready for lunch?









No comments:

Post a Comment