Friday, May 27, 2016

How Do You Take Your Coffee?

If you know me very well you know I'm a coffee drinker!  Love my coffee!  Gary on the other hand does not like coffee. He likes the smell of it but doesn't care to drink it.

With that in mind how ironic is it that our theme for New Food Night this week was - are you ready?

COFFEE

That's right - we cooked with coffee.  So grab a cup and read on.

First we have to set the table - just because I like to set the table.





I thought using coffee grounds was kind of appropriate for the theme of the week.

Excuse the burn spot on the table - the worst one is covered up  LOL -- Probably why I always insist on setting the table with a centerpiece to hide the burns.  These are courtesy of Chris from a very very long time ago when he first came to live with us.

Gary wanted to do a coffee rub. Not sure what all he used in it but it did include hot coffee. He used a wet rub and flank steak and let it set for about an hour.




He likes to use his cast iron griddle to get good markings on his steaks.  It was very good.  There was not a single sliver of meat left over at the end of our meal.

Next up- Miss Annette made some BBQ corn on the cob.


Notice the hand presenting the corn to us?  That would be my Bud.

Notice how much corn is in that pan?  Again - not a single ear was left.  I don't know what all she used in this but in the sauce she added coffee. Sprinkled some different spices on the ears and well - I guess the fact that nothing was left speaks for itself.

Next on our plates was some potatoes by Mr. Rick.


He made some cheesy potatoes with frozen hash browns and lots and lots of cheese (because you can never have to much cheese with your potatoes) and coffee!

Again - not a single serving was left!

Now for some dessert.



I made cinnamon coffee cake.  Man was this good.  I love coffee cake. Why is it that you don't have this a lot any more?

Remember a few weeks ago when we did birth year food?  This was the recipe that kept showing up whenever I googled recipes.  Gotta say - this one was much much easier than the chocolate cake I made then.

There you have it. Coffee served up not just in cups but on our plates.

Enjoy - and if you ever want the recipes we use - just ask.  I can get them for you. We don't have very many failures.


No comments:

Post a Comment