Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Perfectly Me

So a few weeks ago we were driving down the road and a sign caught my eye. The sign said "You don't have to be perfect to be a parent".  I think this is a sign for adoption or foster care. I see it frequently.



Well, that day my mind saw the words and just kind of took over from there. I thought, no I'm not perfect but I am perfectly me. So here you have one of my poems that wrote itself.

This is a just for fun poem - I hope you enjoy it.


PERFECTLY ME 

I may not be perfect 
But I'm perfectly me 
The very best me 
I could possibly be. 

I know I'm not perfect 
My family quickly points out 
My mistakes and my flaws 
No hesitation no doubt 

But again I say 
I just try to be 
The very best me 
I could possibly be. 

No one could be better 
I know this is true,
At opening their mouth 
And inserting their shoe. 

My mouth is to blame 
And I'm the best me, 
At saying things 
 That embarrass my family. 

And there is no one 
On this planet I bet 
That can fall on their face 
As good as me yet. 

Nothing around me 
It does take great skill 
To trip on the air 
And take a spill. 

My husband, my children 
Grandchildren too 
Just shake their heads 
At each thing new. 

So again I must say 
And I say it with glee, 
I'm the very best me 
I could possibly be.  


Written by: Kathie Marrs 

                    May 8, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment