Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dough Boy


We had a lot of fun with our last New Food Night. We did a theme night.

We decided to go with Pillsbury recipes.  Now to decide what to do -- as you had to make a dish with something Pillsbury - not just bake a pan of biscuits.

First let's set the scene.




Isn't that cookie jar adorable?  Wish I could say it was mine but it's not.  A friend of Gary's found out what we were doing for New Food Night and loaned it to us.

K.C. went for a Crescent Ring.  Crescent rolls and she put some salami, cheese, pepperoncini,  and something else. Folded it up and baked it.




This was really good!.

Gary went for a Meatball Bubble Bake.


Meatballs, pieces of biscuits, lots of cheese.  I love lots of cheese.

I wanted to do a soup because Gary received a new soup tureen for his birthday and I have been wanting to use it.  So I made Chicken and Dumplings.




Man was this good!  And don't you like that soup tureen?

I cooked up some chicken, added cream of chicken soup, some celery, carrots, chicken stock, and cut biscuits into strips.

Easy- peasey and good going down.

Now of course we needed something for dessert and Mr. Rick took care of this with his cream cheese dessert.


Is your mouth watering?

Sugar cookie dough, lots of cream cheese and I believe he said he used preserves for this fruit.  Very very good stuff.

But wait!  We had a surprise entry into our New Food Night.


When K.C. went to Reasor's Deli to get the items for her Crescent Ring the guy (I think his name was Tim) found out what we were doing and wanted to participate. So he gave her some samples of Ghost Pepper Cheese for us to try.



Yes it was a very hot cheese! Those little squares were all we needed to sample.  It was good but probably not something I would buy as I don't like things that spicy usually.

What do you think?  What would you make with the theme of Pillsbury?  Give me some thoughts.  And again, if you want to give us a challenge or recommendation, we are open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment