Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring Training

Everyone knows that March is Spring Training don't they? You know, all the baseball teams start getting ready for the season. And where you ask do they do this?  Well in Arizona of course!



I was fortunate enough to be out there at the beginning of March - got to stay with my grand kids while the parents were out of town and of  course we took in a game - wouldn't you?




But, just a few days before I went out there we had New Food Night. And in honor of Spring Training we did Ball Park Food.  Is your mouth watering?

Of course we have to set the mood.



Yes, that is my ball glove from when I played softball up until my 7th grade when a bad case of blood poisoning that  put me in the hospital for a week just at the beginning of the season.  I was a wicked short stop

Everyone has hot dogs at the ball game.  Miss Annette wrapped them so we would have the real experience.


And Michael had brats with sauerkraut.



Mr. Rick gave us the experience of loaded nachos complete with chili and cheese sauce.




Gary made some Philly Cheese steak sandwiches.



Our plates were pretty full.




And what is a ball game without some Cracker Jacks?


I made some cracker jacks and put them in individual containers. They were complete with a little prize of course.

There you have it our tribute to Spring Training.








No comments:

Post a Comment