Wednesday, April 20, 2016

BACON

BACON!!!  I love bacon. And it is so good for so many things.

A quick search on Google showed me bacon candy, bacon balm (lip balm) and even bacon bandages.
I get the bacon bandages.

 As a kid I had many poultices made of bacon to draw out splinters, glass, etc that I had stepped on. After working on my foot or hand  for an hour with tweezers and being unable to get the offending item out because it was to deep (probably pushed deeper by all the prodding and poking she did with the tweezers) she would get a piece of bacon put in on my foot and bandage it up. Next morning I would unwrap my foot or hand and there the offending item would be!

Enough of that meandering though. This blog is about New Food Night and you guessed it -- Bacon was our theme.

I set the table. My roses are blooming and I love to bring them inside and enjoy so I did so.



Notice those cute little silver creamers?  Those are from my across-the-street daughter.That little turle is a gift from my Lily Girl.

Gary chose to make a Bacon Tart.  Doesn't that sound sophisticated?

Lots of preparation for this dish.



He used like a pound and a half of bacon, potatoes and cheese.


Before baking!



After baking!  How good does this look?

Ms. Annette brought a Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad.


She used bacon, avocado, asparagus and pasta.  Yummers!!  I kept some for lunch today.

Mr. Rick made some baked beans.


A can of Bush's Baked Beans and just look at all that bacon on top. He was concerned that he might have used to much bacon but I don't think that's possible.

See my plate? See the layers on that tart? Yum!



Now for my contribution.



Bacon cookies!  Let me tell you - this was a big flop!!!!  Don't waste your bacon on them.  The recipe did not call for any sugar and that should have warned me but I tried them anyway.  

Good thing I had a backup plan because those bacon cookies were inedible.  



I made some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies to have on standby!

So all you bacon lovers out there, what recipe would you try?  

No comments:

Post a Comment