Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bedtime Routine

Don't know if you remember my post a year ago about one of my daughters and her family moving to Washington. We were happy for their adventure but really dreaded them leaving us.  The move was needed and they were where they needed to be.

Now they are moving back!  Needless to say we are very happy about this. Family is important to us. While two of our daughters are still in Arizona that is much closer than Washington.  So we have our happy faces on now.  


My daughter came back early. She left the two kids in Kansas City to spend some time with their dad and other grandparents and she spent her time hanging out with Gary and I.
Well a couple of weeks ago Gary and I picked the grandkids up from their other grandparents and they have been staying with us.  Let me tell you how our last couple of weeks have been going. 

We have a new routine every night. The kids read me a bedtime story.


I love that my grandkids love to read. So each child picks a story book to read. These are books that their mother and aunts read when they were little. The reading is pretty dramatic. The kids always put such enthusiasm into their reading!  We have lots of laughter.  One night I was really tired and kept falling asleep as they were reading to me. They didn't enjoy that night as much.

 After reading me a story they alternate 'tucking me in'. The covers are tucked tightly in and I receive a kiss on the forehead before they tell me good night.  I love it!




Michael is back from Washington. The family is all together again in their own house. See their smiling faces.



We are excited to have this part of our family close again! And you can be sure that there will be lots of fun going on in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment