Friday, January 26, 2018

New Title

New title usually means a job promotion doesn't it?  Well, I guess  that's kinda what I've gotten. 



I'm going from Grandma to Great-Grandma!  Isn't that exciting?  Just wish they lived closer than 3 states away.  But it's okay.  I'm able to have a relationship with those grand kids living 3 states away so it should be doable for a great-grand as well! 

But I'm just sitting here wondering how did that little boy who was my first grandchild become old enough to make me a great-grandma?


Where did  the little boy go who would sit on my lap on the riding mower to help me mow the lawn.

What happened to that little boy who sat in my lap and 'helped' me make his Aunt Charlie's wedding dress?

Where did the little boy go who used to call me on the phone and hide in his closet to talk to me in whispers so his parents wouldn't know he was talking to me again?

Where's the little boy who made forts for us to hide in so no one could see us?

What happened to the boy who called the rocking chair 'Grandma's chair' and wouldn't let anyone else sit in it?

Where's the little boy who sat in his high chair and gave all his food to our dog Bit then put all of Bit's dog food in his diaper bag to take home? 

Where's the boy who asked me to play street hockey with him in Arizona in July when the temp was 113 degrees?



Where's the boy who always wanted to play one-on-one?



Where's the boy who got to play Neopets so we could e-mail each other?  And that one game where he would message me to get online so I could follow him and his friends around and fight peole online?  I was always worried those other boys parents would think I was some kind of pervert.  LOL

Oh gosh!  How did he grow up? 

Well he did and now I get to be a great-grandma.  Here's to my new title. 


No comments:

Post a Comment