Sunday, January 12, 2014

Start of the Week

Here it is Sunday evening winding down.  Where does the weekend go?  Never have been able to figure out how it goes by so fast, but here I sit wondering "what did I do this weekend?"

So, what did I do this weekend?  Well, I am still putting my house back together from Christmas.  See, I totally un-decorate my house to decorate for Christmas.  That means that afterwards, I have to put my stuff back.  Now add to this the fact that Gary spent his Christmas money on some shelving for the kitchen.  This means that I have redone my kitchen cabinets also.  That in itself is a pretty big job.  So now we are totally relearning where things are again in the kitchen.  So I worked on putting my house back together.  It is almost done. 

Saturday I got much needed haircut.  I say much-needed because I had not been to the hair place since right after my hand surgery.  I usually go about every 6 weeks.  Reason being, my hair is naturally curly and my hair is very, very thick.  So the longer my hair gets, the wider my hair gets.  It has a mind of it's own.  I am unable to control it.  Not an issue any longer.  Just wash it, put some gel in my hand and run it through my hair - good to go!  Wash and wear

Did a little bit of shopping then home to work on laundry, etc.  Remington and Lily came over to spend the night.  Before we could have fun at home though we went shopping with Grampa for groceries.  No, I did not do grocery shopping while I was out doing my errands earlier.  This is something Gary likes to do so 99.9% of the time I wait for Gary.  While shopping Lily comments on my hair cut.  She wanted to know why I cut my hair.  She was of the opinion I should let it grow.  I explained the reason I wore my hair short.  Remington decides it would be cool if I let my hair grow then I could be "Afro Grandma".  

Back at home we started a small fire (small because it was 50 degrees outside - way to warm for a fire) so that the kids could roast some marshmallows.  Remington had his new pocket knife with him and was able to whittle some sticks for us to use.  So we enjoyed marshmallows while almost sweating it was so hot!

Today we had church then home for the afternoon.  I was reading my Bible plan from You Version on the computer.  When I finished I went to see what Gary and the kids were doing.  They were all laying on the bed cuddled up watching TV.  I decided to join them.  Grampa got a pretty good nap in I think. I went out to check out Facebook.  Lily finally came out and asked if I would play with her.  I told her the game I wanted to play was 'warm up Grandma's hands'.  This wasn't a game she wanted to play as it meant putting my cold hands on her bare back.  I thought it sounded like a lot of fun but she didn't. LOL  We ended up getting the dominoes out and making things with them.  Michael came and picked them up just before our Life Group meeting. 

We had Life Group, everyone left and now here I sit wondering 'where did my weekend go?'  My favorite part of the weekend?  Gotta say, it was probably when we got in the car after buying groceries and the music playing on the radio is Roaring Like a Lion.  (I don't know if that is the actual name of the song or not).  I love to hear those two sing along with their 'favorite song'. "My God's not dead, He's surely alive, And He's living on the inside, Roaring like a lion.  My God's not dead, He's surely alive, And He's living on the inside, Roaring like a lion"  What a great thought to 'start' my week with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment