Saturday, June 21, 2014

Afternoon with Friends

I can think of no better way to spend an afternoon than with friends.  And I had that privilege this afternoon.  A group of ladies who became my friends at church. We have all moved on to other churches but still I treasure the friendship of these ladies. 

But what to do? Schedules, conflicts, families, jobs, commitments - to many things occupying to much of our time. So one of my friends decided to have a Ladies Tea. What fun!!  A chance to get together, snack on some snacking good cookies, enjoy some tea but best of all --  Be Together and catch up.

So my good friend Diana hosted the get-together and did a fantastic job as always.  


Isn't this just gorgeous?  Just look at all the yummies we had to choose from!  And since we haven't been together for a while it was determined that trying one of everything was perfectly acceptable.  



Don't you love the dishes she had?  The detail isn't real clear here but we were all amused by the rectangle plates. There are little indentations on the corner edges where ladies could rest their cigarettes.  Certainly would not find that now but I can remember my mother and aunt sitting around drinking coffee and smoking their cigarettes.  


Don't you love the teapot and daisies?  So simple but yet - just right!  Perfect a Ladies Tea






Just a small sample of the goodies we had to sample.  Don't they look just scrumptious? And remember, I said this was a small sample.  We had more.  

And not just good eats. We also had a sampling of hot teas to choose from, sweet tea, unsweet tea, Mexican Punch and infused water. 

Now add to this already winning combination a group of eight ladies. We had a great time catching up with each other and what is going on in our lives, our kids lives, work, etc. We left with plans to 'do it again'.And as Diana and Darlene's mom said, "it's nice to get together and not have to bring a gift." (We have had several weddings in this group this past year and several bridal showers). 

Let me assure you - I already have plans for getting together in August. So, keep an eye on your Facebook page. And for those who are not close enough to join us, I'm sorry. But keep an eye on my blog and you can read about it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment