Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Phone Countdowns

So excited for upcoming vacations!  We will be meeting Charlie (and hopefully Adam) in Corpus Christi next month. We love the beach - well I do anyway. This will be the third year that we have gone for a long four day weekend in Corpus. We love for family to join us. Not everyone makes it every year but Charlie, Gary and I do - that's why we are known as The Musketeers. 

Then in September we are cruising again. It's been way to long since our last cruise but this is one will be worth the wait.  We are going to do an Alaska cruise!!  We are so excited for this one. We will be joined by Gary's parents (always a fun time with them), his sister and brother-in-law and some friends locally. Cannot wait for the all the adventures that await us on this cruise.

I have these two vacations on my phone as countdown apps - all I have to do is look at the phone and know how long it is until my next vacation. Love this feature. And I ALWAYS have my birthday as a countdown on my phone. At any given time I can tell you how many days until my birthday. Another countdown I always have is Christmas. One interesting fact here - Christmas is exactly 100 days after my birthday. Now Christmas has it's very own app on my phone. When I open it to see how many days until Christmas (which isn't really necessary because I know it's only 100 days after my birthday) I hear Christmas music being played. Then I can choose to decide if I want to know how many days, hours, minutes or seconds it is until Christmas.  

So tonight when I looked at my phone and saw the countdowns, I came up with a short poem celebrating said countdowns.  Hope you enjoy. 

 


COUNTDOWNS

Look at my phone and what do I see
Four special countdowns looking at me.

First up is Corpus the beach calls my name
Forty-one days jelly fish jump is the game.

A long weekend with views of the sea
I wish a beach bum I could be.

Next countdown is only eighty-seven days away
Cruising Alaska – the Inside Passageway.

The scenery, the food, the excursions too
We cannot wait to see country that is new.

And shortly after that in a mere 103 days
We get to celebrate my birthday.

An exciting time I always enjoy
Hope I keep having birthdays galore.

And then the countdown for Christmas, how fun
Only 203 days and my countdowns are done.

So much excitement so much fun in store
The countdowns on my phone number four.


Written by: Kathie Marrs
                      June 4, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment