Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Catch Up

I've been noticeably not as active on my blog recently.  Have you missed me?  I thought I might just catch you up on what's going on in my life.

We still have New Food Night. I have pictures from last week but don't have the information on ingredients with me now so can't write about it today. Look for that blog later this week (that is my goal anyway).

Remember back in January I did the No Junk Food Challenge?  I then followed that up with adding some walking in.  Let me update you on that.

I have not had any pop to drink since January. Yes, I have been to Sonic with family but I did not order my favorite chocolate coke!  I have continued to eat wheat bread and have started eating more fresh veggies. I try to watch the sweets but will admit that here lately I have not done as well with that aspect. Need to get back on track with that.

My walking. That is not going as well. We had months of rain then it got to hot.  I'm not a big outdoor person anyway.  My schedule at work has been adjusted and I no longer take a  lunch hour. So instead of walking on my breaks like I was, I now eat. I eat healthy though, cheese, veggies, etc.

Best of all to report though is that I have met my first weight loss goal!  Yep! Pretty happy about that.


Painting my house.


This is a sight frequently seen at my house recently. Now if you think 'man, you are a slow painter taking all that time' let me explain why.

Do you remember me saying I was going to paint the rooms of my house? I can proudly say that all the bedrooms and bathrooms are done and I should finish the dining room/hallway area this week. That will only leave the kitchen.

In addition to painting the rooms I have totally cleared each room out even the closets. Each room has been totally washed down. Ceilings, walls, closets, baseboards and crown molding has all been painted as well as all doors and door frames. Each closet has then been re-organized and downsized. I have a whole corner of my living room full of items to get rid of.


I have not brought quite that many colors home in paint cans but oh my the samples I brought home to choose from!  

I have told myself that not walking has been replaced with climbing up and down my step ladder umpteen million times.  That's a work out!

Was talking to one of my brothers one time while painting and he informed me that I was to old to be climbing up on a ladder and painting!  Really!!  Well, I'm doing it. And also crawling around on the floor to get the baseboards painted.

He may know something though. The other night I'm not sure what happened.  I was putting some items back in the hallway closet on the top shelf. This requires me climbing the step ladder. Well, I guess maybe I was one step higher up than I thought. When I stepped down I really stepped down!  Fell backwards against the wall~ Good thing it was in the hallway or I might have ended up on the floor. One knee bent farther than bad knees normally bend. I yelled which brought Gary running. I was able to walk away from the ladder under his watchful eye. I did however hurt the next day. My knee, my back, my foot. Ugg - it sucks getting old.



So that kind of catches you up on what I have been doing.  How about you? What have you been up to?  Keep checking back in - I promise I will post again,.  How about it - do you have any topic you want me to explore and expound on?


No comments:

Post a Comment