Thursday, May 9, 2019

Showing Love



I took this picture last month when my in-laws came down for a weekend visit.  We had gone out to do some sight-seeing for the afternoon and ended up at Turkey Mountain.  We got out and walked around a bit. I was behind Gary and his mother and snapped this photo. 

I love this photo because it captures so much. 

Notice how he has given her his arm so he can help her walk?  This is typical. 

When he is around his mother he is always looking out for her.  When they come to visit he wants to make their favorite meals, Vicki loves meatloaf and Gary always wants to make it for her.  I try to talk him out of it because I know that Red doesn't like meatloaf.  It's kind of a 50/50 deal - sometimes Gary makes it sometimes not.  LOL

Grammy is always cold so it's not uncommon for Gary to take a blanket and wrap her up in it. 

This picture also gives you an example of how Gary was raised. He loves his mother very much, therefore he takes care of her.  That's a tribute to her and also to his father.  He had to have the example of his father on how to treat his mother.  And obviously he was treated with love and is showing that love to her as he takes care of her.

Ladies, watch how the guy you are dating treats his mother.  It's probably a good indication of how he's going to treat you.  Guys, make sure you are showing your daughters and sons how they are supposed to treat mothers. 

Yes, Gary looks out for his mother and he also looks out for me.  We've been married 25 years come October and for all those years he has been looking out for me.  I like to think I look out for him too but I know he does a much better job than I do.  And it's because of the example he had growing up and continues to have from his parents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment