Thursday, July 4, 2013

Freedom

A couple of years ago I wrote this rap/poem.  I've tried to figure out a way to make rap play in the background while you read this but I am unable to do so.  Perhaps you could pull some up on your computer and let it play in the background while you read this. 

I am thankful for the freedom that we have.  Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!


FREEDOM

Put your hands together
Let’s clap and shout.

While I tell you what
This day’s about.

 It’s all about freedom
For you and me

In this great big land
Of liberty. 

We have the freedom
If we so please

To get down and pray
On our knees.

 We have the right
Don’t you know.

Because of battles
Fought long ago.   

Our soldiers fight
On foreign land

For our freedom
They take a stand. 

So put your hands together
Let’s clap and shout

Celebrate the freedom
This days about.

 

Written by:;  Kathie Marrs

                      May 18, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment