Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Candy Crushed

I'm just back from a mini-vacation.  It was a great time.  Got to relax at the beach, see a couple of my girls and one of their boyfriends, spend time with my best friend (my husband) and do absolutely nothing. 

The girls in Phoenix met us in Corpus Christi for a short 4 day mini-vacation.  We had a super great time.  I took a break from the computer and sort of a break from Facebook.  Just made a few posts from my phone.  But now it's back to work and regular life and back to Facebook and my Facebook games. 

Now one of the games I play is Candy Crush.  This is a very addictive game.  And quite frankly - many, many people play this game and are just as addicted to it as I am.  This was brought home while on vacation.  All of us there play Candy Crush except for my husband.  Now Candy Crush can be played on your phone or on a computer.  They even advertise this game on TV! If you're not careful you find yourself watching the clock wating until you know you have another life so you can go back in and fail again. 

The girls planned on treating me to a pedicure for a late Mother's Day gift.  So after much hassle we finally arrange appointments for all 5 of us to have pedicures.  Now apparently on your phone you cannot accept lives or tickets to advance to the next station.  On Facebook you can.  So we get to discussing what level we are on in Facebook.  You get a new life every 30 minutes.  On Facebook your friends can send you more lives (which I have accepted but never really get.  I don't know what they do with them but I don't get them).  Your friends can send you 3 extra moves.  This I do get and I use every extra move I can. 

Don't you know - every one of the ladies doing our pedicures also play Candy Crush and are addicted to it.  Now, we all agreed that matching two chocolate sprinkles is awesome!  It wipes out the board almost.  Matching two wrapped candies causes a boom- boom and clears several candies.  Matching two striped is also pretty cool.  

We all also agreed that if you manage to match up three striped candies it should count for something good.  Doesn't matter if they are all a different color it should count for something!  But it doesn't!!!!!  I think I've been gypped many times because of this!  

We all discussed what level we were on and the various levels we have been stuck on.  I currently am stuck on level 86 and don't think I will ever get past it.  I've been here a very long time! So right now this Candy Crush game has got me crushed!  I'm unable to get past this level I'm on.  Hope that the rest of you addicts are having better luck than me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment