Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Change - good or bad

OK - I realized the other day that I hadn't posted in here for a while. Not sure why but it started me thinking I needed to do a post.  So I started trying to decide what I wanted to write about.  A few things flitted in and out of my mind and I finally settled on change. 

At work for who knows what reason we were talking about change.  Now if you know me very well you know I do not like change.  I do not handle change very well.  Well, perhaps I should clarify.  I do not handle small changes very well but big changes are no problem for me. 

Example:  If I came home from work today and Gary told me that he just found out  his company was transferring him to another state and he needed to be there in 3 weeks.  (This actually happened to us.  That's how we ended up in Tulsa).  No problem -- I take things like this in stride.

However, small changes!  Hold the bus!  Not gonna happen - I do not like it at all.  If after watching my favorite show they announce that the show is moving to a new time next week, I have trouble with this.  Don't they know that I plan my nights around my TV shows?  There are only a specific few that I really want to watch and don't mess with them!  No one called to verify with me that the new day or time would work for me.  No I am not happy and I am more than willing to let anyone I talk to know that this new schedule does not work for me!

Don't be changing those drinks in the machine at Quik Trip either!  I know where the cappuccino I want is; the second machine second button.  Seasonal or new flavors are always first machine first button.  Don't let me push the button for my drink to finally look up and see that it has been changed!  This does not make for a good morning for me at all!

Now for as much as I dislike change I love to rearrange my furniture.  I would do this every other week if I could.  I used to live in a house where I could change rooms around.  The dining room might become the piano room and the den the dining room.  The girls might come home to find that I moved their bedroom!  Yep - I love to rearrange my furniture.  I don't do this very often any more but I would love to.  Does anyone want to come help?  We can totally redo my house - move furniture where ever.  I'm open for ideas but will need help with the furniture (just not able to move  it by myself like I used to).  



No comments:

Post a Comment