Friday, September 27, 2013

Wedding Notes

As I commented a few weeks ago, our youngest daughter is getting married.  Quite an exciting time for everyone.  Now she has been engaged for a while but just suddenly set a date and BAM!!  We have like two months to plan a wedding and pull it all together!   But we are certainly up to the task.  I gotta say though, I cannot wait until my son gets married and we don't have to do anything but order his tux and do the rehearsal dinner.

Now the young man Amanda is marrying has no relationship with his family. Sad for him but he will soon have a very large extended family (hope he knows what he is getting into).  So let me give you some of the ongoing wedding saga details so far. 

When Amanda announced her date and was telling us who she wanted for attendants, etc. she said she wanted Lily to be one of her flower girls.  This thrilled Lily immensely and she exclaimed: "I have been waiting my whole life for this!!"  Remington, upon hearing that Amanda wanted him to be the ring bearer, had a little bit different response: "I better not have to wear those tight shoes!"  He had previously been a ring bearer in another wedding and the memory of tight shoes at the age of three or four is still vivid for him evidently!  Anytime the fact that he is wedding bearer is brought up he responds that he better not have to wear those tight shoes! 

The day we went shopping for wedding dresses it was a girls day thing - Lily, K.C., Amanda and I.  Amanda had issues that day and kept belching very loudly.  Lily gave her some wedding advise - which is good advise for all brides-to-be:  "If I was you I would try really hard not to burp on your wedding day".  I think these are words every bride-to-be should listen to. 

So K.C. and I have been busy taking Amanda's wishes and working on her wedding plans.  We have taken her shopping two weekends in a row and have purchased almost all items needed for her wedding (although there are always extras that you don't think of).  We have the baskets, ring bearer pillow, tuxes ordered, dress bought, flowers chosen and purchased, lists made and re-made and corrected and adjusted.  Amanda calls weekly with changes - but they are minor ones that we are able to deal with. 
 
Invitations have been printed and mailed.  Upon receiving their invitation, Remington and Lily were thrilled with the reply card.  After asking their mother what it was she replied "an RSVP card".  They misunderstood this and are delighted to think that they are VIP for the wedding!  They came over the other night and Lily handed me an envelope and said "here's your VIP card back."  I replied "you didn't mark if you were coming."  She looked at her mom and asked, "are we going to be there?"

I can't give away to many details of the wedding as we want the big day to be a surprise but let me tell you that I have been working on one project for the entire month of September every single minute I could.  The majority of the project is done and waiting to be assembled but the hard part is over. 

Now, in the midst of the wedding planning my doctor decided to schedule a surgery.  Nothing to major - going to remove a bone from my wrist and release carpal tunnel at the same time.  This will hopefully correct an ongoing issue with my wrist that I have been dealing with for the past 6-7 years.  It has however, set me on a strict timeline as to what I need to get done and the time frame I have to accomplish it in.  Anything not done by that date will become the responsibility of K.C.. 

We had had a few concerns about pictures as Amanda had told us that one of her friends from the home was going to take them.  We had decided that we would offer Amanda an 'assistant' to help her friend.  It turns out her friend is unable to do pictures, I don't remember the reason why, and our church family has stepped in and will be assisting with pictures. 

The oldest of my two girls will be coming in from Phoenix two days before the wedding and their help is going to be enlisted at that point for final preparations of setting up church, reception, helping with hair and makeup for the bridal attendants and umpteen other things that will be discovered that need to be done. 

I have to say, one of the greatest blessings from this (besides gaining a new son-in-law) is knowing that no matter what I can count on family!  Upon hearing how soon the wedding was K.C. immediately went into action and started making plans. It is just expected that family is there to help and my family never fails to step up without question.  This goes for my immediate family and my church family.  Amanda's wedding is a scant 43 days away and it is going to be beautiful and I cannot wait to share with all of you the fun, joy, tears, laughter and family times we will be having that weekend.  In the meantime, I will try to keep you updated on anything that occurs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment