Monday, September 2, 2013

Favorite Memories

I wanted to share some of my favorite memories of my children and grandchildren.  I promise not to bore you to much. 

My oldest Tarinda: I love remembering Tarinda being Charlie's "other mother" when I was pregnant with K.C.  We had just moved to Oklahoma, knew no one, had no family, Charlie was just a year old and I was pregnant and very sick.  I would put Tarinda in the rocking chair, put Charlie in her lap and Tarinda would rock her to sleep while I rested.  She would tell me when Charlie went to sleep so I could get up and put her to bed.   I also love remembering her playing the piano.  She is so musically gifted!

Charlie:  I love remembering her with her doll Mollie Marie.  I made Mollie for her and she took Mollie everywhere.  I also love remembering how outgoing and friendly she was to everyone - she knew no stranger - still doesn't.

K.C.:  One of my favoritest memories of her is watching her sneeze.  She doesn't sneeze like most people.  She does little bitty sneezes and always does 9-10 in a row.  I love remembering her coming around the corner of the room and sneezing - with every sneeze she would jump up and her arms and legs would go out. 

Amanda:  I remember having tea parties with her.  I don't think she really enjoyed them but she went along with me.  I also remember one of the first long trips we took the kids on.  We always gave them a roll of pennies or nickels and the money was theirs.  Any time they made reference to how long it would be, etc. they had to give me one of their coins.  Anything left at the end of the trip was theirs to keep.  K.C. played Wheel of Fortune with Amanda and made her pay for the vowels she "bought". One time she made Amanda pay for vowels she had already bought. 

Chris:  I love remembering how he and I played football.  We basically just tossed the ball back and forth.  I always told him to 'go deep - that's what all the football players do'.  This meant I threw the ball as far as I could and he would try to get it.  When he threw it back to me if it was to far off he also had to go get it.  He got plenty of exercise.

Richard:  I love remembering how he spent time with us.  I had a rocking chair that he called Grandma's chair.  He wouldn't let anyone sit in it and always had me rock him to sleep every night.  When they moved to Arizona he would call me and hide in the closet and whisper so his parents wouldn't know he had called. 

Cady:  I love remembering how she loved to play makeup.  When we were playing in the pool she always had me get my hair wet so she could fix it 'flat like hers or BIG'.  She has straight hair I have curly hair.  She also liked to think of ways to make money, one year she sold tattoo's (her drawing on us with markers), one year she bought stickers and sold to us for 5 cents each, she also sold pretty rocks she found.  Very entrepreneurial of her. 

Remington:  My bud -- love that he tells people I am his best friend.  I He always wants to spend the weekend with me.  I love that he likes to go to work with me on Saturday mornings if I have to work.  I love how he believes I can do anything.  

Jimmy and Billy:  I know I shouldn't but it's kind of hard not to think of these two boys separately them being twins.  They pretty much do things together.  They have always called me 'little grandma' - they think I'm short.  Recently they have switched that to 'toy grandma' - because I like to play with their toys.  My favorite memory with them is playing video games - although for the most part  they beat the pants off me!. 

Lastly we have Lily:  what can I say about her?  My favorite memory with Lily is the time we went to a funeral.  At the graveside she wanted to sit in the chairs.  Her mother explained that the chairs were for immediate family.  Although she was family she wasn't immediate family.  On the way home we discussed immediate family - explaining that her parents and brother and even Grandma and Grampa could be considered immediate family.  Her response was that she was going to ask Miss Judy if she could be her immediate family so she could have a chair at the funeral! 

Most of all though, my favorite memory of all of them is laughter.  I love hearing their laughter then and now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment