Friday, October 4, 2013

Enjoy what you have

This week Gary and I took a little overnight getaway trip.  No reason - just wanted to.  It was so nice.  I enjoy things like this.  I enjoy spending time with him and with any of my family and friends.  I love when the grandkids come to spend the night.  When I make posts on Facebook about little things I've done with family or grandkids I usually have someone make a comment about enjoy the time while you can.  My response to this is:  I do.  I learned many years ago that people are taken away to soon so I have always always always enjoyed myself and my family and what I have.  My house may be cluttered after a visit from the grandkids but that's ok as long as they and I had fun while they were there.  Here's a poem that reflects this philosophy.  I hope you enjoy it. 




TREASURE THE MOMENTS

Treasure the moments you have been given
                                                Each one is a gift from Heaven.

Treasure your family and the time you can spend
Don’t negate the time you have with them.

 Your parents are aging and ask for assistance?
Do so without grumbling or any resistance.

 The time you have with them to spend
Will all too quickly come to an end.

 Others would love this option to be given,
But parents were taken too early to heaven.

 Work is important but family is too
Remember, God has given them to you.

 Take time to watch your son play ball
Go for a walk with children who are small.

 Run in the rain or play in the snow
Spend time with the ones you know.

 Parents grow older and children do too
And all they want is time with you.

 Treasure the moments, count them as gold
 Without warning loved ones are called home.

 

Written by:  Kathie Marrs
         October 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment