Wednesday, February 12, 2014

From My Bag

If you read my blog you know that I like to write.  You also know I like to write poetry.  I usually have numerous ideas floating around in my head.  Sometimes these ideas make it to the notepad on my phone or on slips of paper.  Every so often I take these slips and add them to a file in my Dropbox called In Progress.  I have a lot 'in progress'.  Now my In Progress folder can be anything from a line or two that popped into my head and I want to expant on, to almost an entire poem or story that just needs to be finished.  Sometimes the ending stumps me.

I have a couple of different tote type bags I use to carry things in back and forth to work, church etc.  Depends on how much I want to take with me that day.  Today I brought one I hadn't carried for a while.  I decided to clean out all the papers that were in there.  Most of it was trash of course. This is a picture of the bag.  Everyone in the family had one at one time.  Charlie and I made them for a family reunion. 



I did however find one poem in progress that I had forgotten about and one completed poem.  Good thing I'm in the process of organizing all my writing into Dropbox.  That's exactly where these two gems went.  I will share with you the completed poem.  And I will try to get busy and finish up some of those 'in progress' ones. 


“I AM WITH YOU”

There is no testimony without the test.
We must strive to do our best.
It’s a battle we must fight
As we strive to do what’s right.

 There is someone who is nearby
Who always hears us when we cry.
You are not in the battle alone.
Jesus sits upon the throne.

He knows our sorrows and our fears.
Whenever we call, He will hear.
The road may be long and hard to climb,
But He will not leave us behind.

 Stumbling blocks may cross our path,
Do not worry, they won’t last.
Hold the course, steadfast and true.
The road you’re on is not new.

 Take comfort from the words you read.
Know that He answers every need.
He spoke these words as a friend.
“I will be with you to the end.”

 
Written by:  Kathie Marrs
                      July 28, 2010


 

No comments:

Post a Comment