Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Interesting Pinterest

I will not get on Pinterest today.  

Wait, I just got a notification that someone sent me a pin!  How exciting!  and 3 people liked one of my pins and 2 new people started following me!  I'll just log in right quick to check out those notifications.  

Wait!  Where did the last hour and a half go?  I swear I wasn't going to get on there today but I was drawn in!  I could not help myself. And even though I was only going to look at notifications there was some really neat looking stuff on that first page when I logged in.  

I could not help myself.  And I really tried.  

It is amazing how much I have in common with my friends on Pinterest!  They know me so well!  They keep pinning things that they know I will like and in turn I send it to someone else and......  Well you know how it goes.  I find so many things for so many people - so I send them a Pin.  It's like sending out little gifts to people I like.

So I have just checked my Pinterest account.  I have 42 different boards to express my interests. I have pinned 2,748 pins.  I have 131 followers (some of them I don't even know but they obviously think I am pretty cool from what I pin and they want to be a part of it). 

I have boards ranging from Christmas, to Cooking, to Funny, to Sayings, to Want to Try. You can name your boards whatever you want, and, there is no limit to the number of boards you can have. 

According to my boards, I am extremely witty, very artistic, an amazing cook, extremely socialable , not very healthy or motivated though.  I have an amazing sense of decorating and my house looks like a magazine cover - at least my centerpieces and tablescapes are total masterpieces.  And the napkins I can fold rival a cruise ships.  Yep, I am truly amazing according to Pinterest. I could throw a Tea Party that the Queen of England would want to attend. 

My house at Christmas time should be featured on a show all by itself.  And don't you know that every one of my friends receive special gifts for the holidays that I have made myself. I even go so far as to create special soaps and scrubs for my lady friends for Mothers Day and Valentine's Day. Yes, indeed - I am the best!

Now for reality...

My house is fine. I do decorate over much at Christmas but I don't see any reporters beating at my door wanting to do an expose' on my decorating tips. And yes, I have some centerpieces I do that I think look quite nice but they have never been featured on a magazine cover.  

Those Household Hints I pinned? Well, I have tried some of them and they worked but I can never remember exactly what I'm supposed to do when I want to use the hint. So, I have to log into Pinterest to get the directions and ....  Well, you know what happens then.  

Cooking and Food -- 264 pins.  What do we eat? Not a new meal every single night that's for sure. (And that doesn't include my board for Crock pot Recipes or Pasta Dishes or Drinks or Appetizers). We have tried some of the recipes and the ones we have tried we have definitely enjoyed and they have been added to the rotation of meals we use.  Tried and true recipes. And while we do have pretty great Family Reunions - they are no where near as awesome as my board would lead you to believe. 

For all those people who, like me, get sucked in to Pinterest -- Enjoy!!!  








No comments:

Post a Comment