Friday, July 4, 2014

Nail-tastrophe




Saw this picture on Facebook and thought how cool these nails looked.  The description sounded pretty easy so I decided to try it out.  They said to put random drops of nail polish in water, swirl with a toothpick, coat your hands with Vaseline and dip hands in water.  Two things I learned right off the bat.

      THEY LIED!!!
     
      DO NOT TRY THIS ALONE!!



I got everything ready, bowl of water, nail polishes, toothpicks, paper towels Vaseline.   I was all ready to make my nails look totally awesome!

Polish in water, coated my hands with Vaseline and swirled the polish with a toothpick.  I should have known I was in trouble when most of the polish clung to the toothpick but no, I proceeded to dunk my nails in the water. I brought them out and thought, "Hmmmm, I may have a problem here."   


Yes, that is nail polish all over my fingers. I asked Gary to get me a paper towel as I had neglected to tear any off the roll prior to the start of this ordeal.  Gary looked up from TV and started laughing hysterically.  He did pick up the roll of paper towels but was laughing way to hard to tear me off one (or two or three). I finally told him to quit being a ding dong and give me a paper towel. That's when son-in-law Michael thought it would be real cute to pick up the Hostess Ding Dong off the coffee table and offer me a Ding Dong.  Thanks for being so helpful.  

I finally get my hands cleaned off but still want to try this. So I decided that maybe the water should be hotter to keep the polish from clumping together.  Made perfect sense when I thought it through.  Still not the best results (although this time I did have my paper towels tore off the roll and didn't have to ask Gary).  

By now, K.C. has come home and suggested maybe less water in the bowl.  Sure, I'm game, let's try it.  





Well, as you can see I still had a mess.Good thing K.C. was there. Now this is why you should not try this alone. K.C. took polish remover and started cleaning my fingers off. First she had to get all the polish off the back of my fingers, then she had to use Q-Tips and clean around my nails. 



All I can say is Thank goodness K.C. was there.  There is no way that Gary would have helped me with this.  

Now we get a picture of the finished product,







As you can see, not quite like the picture this blog started out with.  I have one nail that turned out like I wanted, a couple that are kinda okay but most are just blobs of polish.  

Now, let's get to the next day. K.C. and I had made plans to get pedicures.  We went to the usual place we use and was told that they would be right with us, "pick your polish".  As we are 'picking our polish' they tell us which two seats to go sit in.  We proceed to the appointed seats and sit down. Someone immediately starts the water in K.C.'s and she commences to soak her feet. 

I sit. And sit. And sit.

 They check K.C.'s water and adjust it. They come by and collect polishes, etc. I continue to sit. And sit.  After 10 minutes or more I tell K.C. 'let me get you a towel to dry your feet and we can go across the mall to that other spa place.'  

Well, that certainly got their attention.  "I be right with you. I'm coming."  K.C. tells them that I've been waiting and waiting. "I come now" the lady says. "You be next".  K.C. and I walk out and straight across to the next salon where we are immediately shown to our seats and receive prompt service.  

As my technician starts working on my feet she asks if I want my nails done.  Really?? Do they look bad?  LOL  I tell her no just my toes.  I just did my nails last night - tried something new. It wasn't quite what I wanted but that was okay.  

To give you an idea of how bad my nails must have looked the girl says "Do you at least want me to remove that polish for you?"   

Okay I admit it didn't turn out right. I have decided that I am going to do some Google research and find out the proper technique and try this again.  And next time I see something really cool on Facebook, I will research more before trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment