Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vacation Fun

Just got back from a beach weekend getaway.  I love the beach!!  

Gary and I were in need of a break - regroup and refresh.  So we headed to what has become one of our favorite places. Corpus Christi.  This is the third year we have spent a long weekend there. We invite all the kids and anyone who wants to join us does. Where we stay depends on the number of us going.  The last two years we rented a beach house just a block from the beach.



  Love that house.  Sleeps up to ten.  This year we didn't need as much room as only the Three Musketeers were going to be heading to Corpus.  That would be myself, Gary and daughter Charlie.  We call ourselves The Musketeers because for a period of about 18 months Charlie was the only child at home - thus making her an only child.  We Three Musketeers are the only ones who have made it to Corpus all three years.  

This year we rented a condo on the beach just the right size for us. Step through the gate and we are right on the beach!!  What could be better?  

Gary and I left a couple of days early and stopped in Austin and San Antonio on the way down. I had never been to the Alamo or the River Walk so we decided to tour both.  It was awesome!!  And we found totally fantastic restaurants in both cities. In Austin we discovered the Salt Grass Steak House.  Great steaks.  At the River Walk we ate a Mexican restaurant - actually the first restaurant on the River Walk.  

Then on to Corpus!   We stay in Corpus but always manage to drive over to Padre Island at least one day. We set up our cooler and chairs and hang out at the beach. There is just something about going out in the water and riding the waves.  This can be tricky for me though.  I am only 5 foot 3. Not real short but short enough to go under waves easily. Charlie is about 5 inches taller than me and Gary must be 9 inches or so taller. Needless to say - they can go out farther than I can and still touch bottom. 

The invariably talk me into going out farther and farther with the assurance that they will be there for me.  And their intentions are good.  But sometimes really big waves come along. And it is not uncommon for Gary to just throw me toward shore (and hopefully a little bit shallower water) when that extra big wave comes along and he knows he will have trouble keeping himself upright.  It only happened once this year I am happy to say.

Charlie and Gary both got sunburns. (I don't burn - just turn red then put lotion on and it tans). This led to a really fun time for us on Saturday night. We spent Saturday touring the USS Lexington which is right down from the area we stay at. Then after lunch we headed to the beach outside the condo. Charlie and I spent about 4 hours there enjoying the water and waves. Then after a late dinner at a really great steak/shrimp house we found we went back to the condo.

Remember me telling you about the sunburns that Gary and Charlie got?  Well, Charlie and I decided it would be fun to make a video on how to treat a sunburn. Watch the video so you will know what to do next time you have a sunburn. You can find it by going to the following link:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202399409607167

Just copy and paste the link above.  Hope you enjoy.  





No comments:

Post a Comment