Thursday, August 28, 2014

Let's Go Mediterrean




I'm a little late in getting this post done. We did have new food night this week. I've just been busy getting ready for vacation and am slow in posting about it.  So we decided to try something curry flavored. Curry happens to be a favorite of Miss Annette and Mr. Rick.  Chris chose to go out with a friend instead of joining us this week.



What do you think of our meal?  We obviously won't be going hungry will we?



We started with Trinidadian Curry Chicken.   Gary marinated the chicken in tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, salt and a lot of cracked black pepper.  Make a curry slurry out of tumeric, curry and water.  Fry the curry slurry in a little oil - this basically cooks the spices until you have a thick paste. Toss in chopped onions, stir then add chicken coating in the paste. Add water and simmer for 20 minutes.



Knowing that we were having curry, Miss Annette said she would bring a salad to go along with it.  This consisted of spinach leaves, fresh mango, julienne peppers and peanuts. She made a simple dressing of lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil.  Gotta say it was really scrumptious!!


Gary also made some cous cous.  No special recipe here - just a basic olive oil and roasted garlic cous cous.  We did put some of the sauce from the curried chicken on the risotto and it was really good.



And what is a meal without bread?  Mr. Rick brought some garlic bread that just topped the meal off perfectly.  I think garlic bread goes with every thing, don't you?

Now I decided to do dessert. But what to fix to go with curry chicken?  A quick Google search gave me an idea.  Now most of the Google searches suggested coconut ice cream and I gotta admit it sounded good but I wanted to make something.


What do you think of this?  It's a Strawberry Mango Lassi.  Isn't that a funny name?  LOL  It consists of milk, plain Greek yogurt, frozen mangoes, frozen strawberries, a couple tablespoons of honey and a 'pinch' of cinnamon.  I used several 'pinches' of cinnamon because I like cinnamon.  It suggested to serve with a light cookie. It turned out to be the perfect ending to our meal.


Now you are just going to have play catch up on my blog if you are a new follower. We are going to take a short vacation and I am sure I will be blogging about it.  Looking forward to a family Alaska cruise.  I've been blogging for a while so just read a few of my older blogs. Get to know my family if you don't already know us. Catch up on some of my poetry and basically just get to know me in the next couple of weeks.

Keep watching for upcoming blogs when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment