Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Non-Bucket List

Do you have a Bucket List? I don't. I kinda want one. I'd like to have a 'Bucket List of Things to Do With My Girls'. Are there things I want to do or places I would like to go? Yes, sure. I guess I just kinda think it's gonna happen so need to make a list.

I got to thinking that maybe I should make a Not On My Bucket List. It would look something like this.


1) Run a marathon (or half marathon).


     This will not be on a bucket list for me. I never have liked running (except for a touch down or home run). Marathons involve being outside. I don't like to be outside unless it's on a beach or in a pool. If you ever see me running - it's probably because I saw a snake. Trust me - this old fat lady can move pretty fast when snakes are involved. My legs may be short but I can cover a lot of ground in a big hurry if I need to.

2) Wrestle an alligator.


     Alligators are pretty cool but I don't need to be up close and personal with one.

3) Climb a mountain.


     This is to much like work to me. Won't be happening - it involves that outdoors and it isn't the beach or a pool. Now being at the top of the mountain would be cool but I would prefer to drive there.

4) Learn a martial art.


     If I didn't learn this when I was young enough to be limber and able to jump and bend there is no way I'm going to be learning it now.

5) Be a vegetarian.


     I like veggies. I like salads. I also like steak, hamburger, chicken, rabbit, quail..... Yeah, I don't think being a vegetarian is for me. Not for any extended length of time anyway.

6) Run with the bulls in Pampalona.


     Really? I'm thinking if I want the thrill of running from  a bull I could go to my in-law's and hang out with the cattle for a while. I'm also thinking this involves 'running' which I do not do.

7) Get a tattoo.


     This one may upset many of my friends and family who have tattoos. Sorry - they are just not for me. Never have liked them but if you want them that's okay.

8) Walk across hot coals.


     This just looks painful. Not sure why anyone would choose to do this but I'm pretty sure I don't want to.


I may add to this later but I think it's a pretty good non-bucket list as is. How about you...do you have a Bucket List or Non-Bucket List?  What's on it? Or maybe you can help me create my Daughter Bucket List.

No comments:

Post a Comment