Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dinner and a Field Trip

I'm back with news from New Food Night.  Now if you are following me  and you know that we do New Food Night every other week you may be thinking I'm a week late with my post.  Not the case.  We were supposed to have it last week but an Urgent Care visit prompted us to wait a week.  Man I hate getting old - pains, aches, you  name it and although I am much better after my Urgent Care visit we still don't know what the problem was but doctor gave me medicine that helped.

SO -on to New Food Night.  Miss Annette and I thought that we hadn't had Italian for way to long so we choose to do an Italian theme night.  No we don't get tired of Italian.

I made a baked tomato side dish.



Make a sauce of mayo, Dijon mustard, brown mustard and Parmesan cheese.  Season tomatoes with salt, pepper and oregano - spoon some sauce on - top with mozzarella cheese and parsley then bake.



This was very good.  I wasn't to sure about the mustards and worried about the flavor but it did not have a big mustardy taste.  And how can you pass up melty cheese?

Gary chose to make Chicken Milanese and he used The Pioneer Woman's recipe.



Pounded out some chicken breasts and coated in egg wash and Italian bread crumbs.  Cook them up, top with Arugula drizzled with vinaigrette and sprinkle on some fresh Parmesan cheese.



Are you seeing a theme of cheese here for us?  LOL

Miss Annete made a Summer Vegetable Pasta.


Angel hair pasta, lots of veggies like squash, zuchinni, olives, peppers, tomatoes, She left out mushrooms as she knows Gary doesn't like them.


Yum!  This is a nice light pasta dish for summer. No heavy sauce.

Gary also wanted to try another Pioneer Woman Recipe for bread.


He took a loaf of French bread and sliced a think layer off the top. Poked holes in the bread. He then melted two sticks of butter and poured over the bread, topping it all with fresh mozzarella.  Oh yum yum --- again - melty cheese!  Lots and lots of melty cheese.

Now for the Field Trip portion of our night.



 Gary and I have put an offer in on a house after looking for several months. We are still waiting on all the inspections, etc but we took a field trip to show Rick and Annete the outside of the house.


We also made a trip to Miss Annette's to check out the paving work she has been having done in her back yard.


I know you didn't see her back yard previously but this looks totally awesome!  And so easy to take care of for her.

Now back to the house so we can have our dessert.

Mr. Rick brought Gelato.


We had a vanilla caramel gelato and also a chocolate gelato. MMMM MMMM MMMM - if you have not eaten gelato -- go buy a container right now!!  Yes it is that good. And Gary said he thought he actually preferred the caramel vanilla over the chocolate.

So there you have it - food - fun - and friends.  That's what makes life good.

Go ahead - give us a challenge or a theme.  Melissa Alley -- I'm thinking on the one you mentioned to me.  Haven't passed it on yet because I thought it might be a fun one for when K.C, Michael and kids are able to join us again.


No comments:

Post a Comment