Monday, April 27, 2015

Fun With Grandsons


Recently spent some time with my daughter and her family in Arizona. The twins like to have fun as you can tell. So I thought I would just put our adventures into a poem for them.  Hope you enjoy it.

COHORTS

Cohorts in crime I guess you could say
My grandsons and I when I come to play.
Nothing is off limits I’ll try anything
Just having fun is what we will sing.
Donuts for breakfast I hear a twin say
Pile in the van – we are on our way.
We have code words that we like to say
Family Fun means a trip to Dollar Tree today.
We fill our cart after scouting the store
Silly String we buy by the score.
Back at the house and on with the fun
Who will be hurt before the day is done?
A new long board – how fun it will be.
What can go wrong? Guess we will see.
Help me to balance I hear myself say.
I do quite well as I go a short way.
The grandson turns away and don’t you know
I try it myself and down I do go.
In one hand already stitches I’m sporting
So now my good hand a bruise is importing.
The next day a set of new ramps does appear
The wheels in my brain engage in gear.
Talking to Grampa he says, “No way!
Off of that ramp you must stay.”
Wanting Grampa’s comics Jimmy quickly agrees
That on the ramps I must not be.
I advise that Grampa’s not there to see
He will not know if on the ramps I choose to be.
Although I think the ramps I think I could do
I listened this time to those two.
A hike in the dessert just lead the way
What was I thinking when I said OK?
All too soon our week is done
And I must stop having so much fun.
But have no worries we know for a fact
That I’ll be having fun when I come back.

Written for: Jimmy & Billy

By: Grandma (Kathie Marrs)   04/27/15





No comments:

Post a Comment