Friday, July 5, 2019

4th of July Goosebumps



I've talked before about my granddaughter.  She enlisted in the Army a couple of years ago.  I wrote a blog about that.  I'm used to service to my country.  I explained how I was the only one in my family who didn't serve in the Armed Forces. 

I'm used to sending letters, care packages, etc. to friends and brothers in service.  I thought I was ready but man it's much different when it's your granddaughter. 

Then when she chooses Infantry/Paratrooper as her choice of service.  The feelings are strong that's for sure. 

I've known for several months that she was scheduled for deployment.  I even made arrangements to be able to spend some time with her while she was on leave before deployments.  We have our flag flying at home, for our country, our veterans, and our deployed granddaughter.

Yesterday was the 4th of July. We were at the ball game.  We have a minor league baseball team here and it just seemed like the perfect way to spend the holiday.  What's more American than a baseball game, right? 

So our favorite paratrooper has been on her way for deployment, plane rides, waits in airports, I think this is probably typical for anyone on deployment but I'm not sure. Anyway, she has been underway for a few days.

We are at the ballgame.  We are standing for the National Anthem as any good American citizen will do. 

I get a message that our granddaughter has landed at her destination.  Wow!  Talk about goosebumps!  We got 'em!
 

We are enjoying our Freedom and celebrating with fireworks while she is defending our right to do so!  We don't take this lightly. 

The next few months may be a little emotional for us but we will be showing our support for her and all deployed service members.  Our flag will be flying, we will be wearing our red on Fridays (Remember Everyone Deployed). 



No comments:

Post a Comment