Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TV Dilemma

I'm a creature of habit.  I know where things are supposed to be and I know what day and time the shows I want to watch are on TV.  It works for me - don't be changing things.

Now, I'm not a huge TV person.  If I have it on it's usually more for background noise than because I have to watch something.  There a few shows that Gary and I like to watch.  CSI and Criminal Minds mainly.  They used to be on on Thursday nights.  That was bonding time for Shellie and I because we could watch CSI and text each other during the show.  I miss that.

Now typically, Gary and I are not up on new shows.  We don't start watching or liking a show until it goes off air and we then watch all the re-runs and ask ourselves "why didn't we watch this when it was on?"  Who knows?  But we are usually behind. 

Well, I told you we like to watch CSI and Criminal Minds.  They moved these shows from Thursday to Wednesday some time ago.  Not sure why they did that but they did.  I wasn't happy about it but was able to make the adjustment.  We would set the show to record and hurry home from church to get caught up to current time on the show -- fast forward through all commercials and we didn't get to far behind.

Now, I told you how we don't normally watch any shows that are current?  There had been so much written on Facebook about Duck Dynasty that a few weeks ago we watched one of the old shows.  This show is hilarious!!!  We loved it.  I absolutely love Si on this show -- he reminds me of Rose on Golden Girls.  So now we watch Duck Dynasty, CSI and Criminal Minds.  Herein lies the problem.

All three of these shows come on on Wednesday nights.  Well, the DVR helps us resolve part of this issue.  We can record the shows and decide which one we want to watch while it is on and which one we want to watch as a recorded program.  Simple right

Problem is - church is on Wednesday nights. So just tell me this -- who in the world of TV programming decided that any show that was worth watching needed to be in the programming for church night?    I know that I wasn't consulted about the programming but surely someone was.  Seriously, was it an atheist who did the programming?  Why would anyone want you to make a choice between church and TV? 

The only solution I can think of is - let's move church night!!  Who says it has to be Wednesday  night at 6:30?  Why not Tuesday night or Thursday night (I prefer Tuesday because I do have a standing appointment on Thursday night).  This will allow me to not have to hurry home to catch the shows I want to watch on TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment