Monday, March 4, 2013

My Bud

I talk about my Bud a lot so thought maybe I should share a little bit about him.   He gave himself this name. 

It all started because his sisters were always going to stay with their 'best friends'.  Now Remington has friends but isn't big on going to their house.  His sister Lily says to bad you don't have any friends to go stay with and you can only stay with Grandma.  His response:  "Grandma is my best friend.  We are buds."

So we are Best Buds.  We do a lot of things together and believe it or not - we actually think a lot alike.  He likes to play the game of "which would rather" or "which do you like best".  I'm sure you've all played that game.  And most of the time, our answers are the same.  Now, I'm sure you're thinking that this happens because one of us will give an answer and the other person will say "yeah, that's what I was thinking too."  Not so,  his mom has texted me to see which of something I prefer and it's been his choice too.  So yeah, we have a connection.  Sorry, Charlie - I've never had a connection like this before with anyone but you.

Grampa and I got Remington some walkie-talkie's for his birthday.  Just a cheap pair for fun.   They came with interchangeable covers.  We use them in the house.  His code name is Monkey Man and I am Red Eagle.  A few weeks ago when he was over for the night he let me choose two of the covers and he took the other two.  When he went home that weekend he left one of the walkie-talkies by my chair.  I saw him a few days later and mentioned it to him.  He said; "yeah, that's because that one is yours and I took mine home.  We are gonna share them, Grandma." 

My bud saved up his money and bought himself a tablet.  He usually brings it when he's spending the night.  A few weeks ago he had his tablet and wanted me to play a Temple Ruin game he had on it.  He was explaining to me all the rules and how to jump and get coins, etc.  I told him he was much nicer than his cousins who always want me to play games on the Wii or such with them but don't tell me the rules.  They make me go first and comment on "you really suck at this, Grandma", "you aren't very good at all are you, Grandma."  They then take the game and proceed to slaughter my score while telling me what I should have done when it was my turn. 

Anyway, Remington has his tablet and I have the computer.  We are playing games and we keep switching back and forth to take turns.  He is quick to tell me when he gives me the tablet, "don't be spending any money on there!"  LOL  He's heard me tell him that about my games - don't be spending my money on there I'm saving it up. 

This past weekend, we teamed up in a silly string fight.  We look out for each other.  Grampa and Chris were having the fight with us.  We had to wait until CSI was over.  So Remington goes running out of the room and I can see him running back and forth and getting stuff from the kitchen.  I ask what he's doing and he says: 'making us something - just wait you will see."  He comes in with shields he had made for us to protect our faces from the silly string fight.  We were ready! 

This same weekend while out shopping he decided we needed to have some clipon animals.  He had found himself a monkey that he was buying with his own money.  He also saw a penguin that he thought we needed to buy also - with my money.  He said they were best buds just like we were.  He was going to keep the monkey and I could keep the penguin.  The monkey was good at looking and the penguin was good at buying.   Gotta love his way of thinking. 

One of his favorite games to play is run and jump on Grandma.  This can consist of running across the room and jumping on me while I am sitting in a chair.  Or it can consist of just running and jumping on me while I am standing.  Gotta tell you - he is getting to be almost as tall as me so if I am standing I really have to brace myself for this.  I told him when he got to be as tall as me I as gonna play run and jump on Remington. 

I'm truly blessed to be able to spend so much time with him and by the fact that he  still wants to spend time with me.   Now, that's not to say I don't enjoy the other grand kids.  Love them all and I love the time I spend with them too.  The Arizona grand kids don't have the time with me but we still spend time together on the phone, facebook and various other ways.  Yep, I'm blessed to be able to enjoy them all.  I'll have to write about them another time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment