Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Simple

Simple -- yeah right, I'm sure you're thinking.  I like things simple - less confusion that way.  Really. 

Now, I know you came here expecting to read one of my tintalating expositions but not so today.  Simple is actually the title of a new poem I wrote that I just thought I would share with you.  Hope you enjoy it. 



 SIMPLE



My faith is simple – my words are too
I trust in the Bible – the words are true.

I try to live out my faith each day
Wanting nothing to set me astray.

I’ve been asked why I believe
That Jesus died on the cross for me?

Why wouldn’t I believe is my reply.
It’s in the Bible – the Bible doesn’t lie.

It’s stated over and over again you see
That Jesus would come and die for me.

He would suffer and take the pain
Leaving me with much to gain.

Eternal life is mine you see
A plan as simple as simple can be.

Do you believe that Jesus lived and died
And that for your sin He was crucified?

Then He rose again from the grave
All for our lives to be saved.

All we need to do is confess our sin
And then put our trust in Him.

Yes, my faith is simple – my words are too.
The Bible says Jesus died for me and you.



Written by: Kathie Marrs
February 25, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment