Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Weather Woes

How appropriate is it that I write about weather woes today?   A winter storm at the end of February, snow, rain, mix,  you name it we are supposed to get it.  And it started with big, fat fluffy flakes of snow this morning. 

I personally don't have any weather woes - well, unless you count the fact that I didn't get to enjoy the snow.  I had to work - and I don't have any windows in my office so I couldn't even look out the window at the snow falling.  I love the snow!  I am in a minority here and I realize that.  I love the snow so much that I used to keep containers of snow in my freezer for my Arizona grand kids to have when they visited. 

A great snow day would be snow falling down - 4-6 inches on ground so you can have a snow ball fight or make a snow fort, fire in the wood stove, hot chocolate or hot tea to drink and unlimited books to read (my Kindle has that part covered).  Nope, no weather woes for me. 

Weather woe for kids who had to go to school.  I think they deserve a snow day to enjoy the aforementioned items.  And kids here don't get to many snow days usually.  Yep, they deserve a snow day - if I could I would close schools for them for the day. 

Weather woes for people who don't particularly like snow (not sure what their problem is).  Especially bad for them if they have to go to work.  That means they have to get out in the snow and drive in it.  Typically not a fun thing to do here in Tulsa as people don't know how to drive in snow.  I will say though that today was actually okay driving wise. 

Major weather woes for college students.  At least they think so. They did not like my answer when they called and I said, "yes, the college is open today".  When asked what time they were going to close the next answer wasn't fun for them either - "to my knowledge school will be open all day long."

Weather woes for those who have not yet signed up for TCC Alerts and decided today might be a good day to do so.  Most likely that won't go through in time for any notification should they decide to cancel classes.  Sucks being you - why weren't you responsible enough to sign up for those alerts before you actually needed them?  

No, I do not know if your instructor is cancelling his class tonight.  My advise is to look and see if he has posted any announcements.   I am sorry you live "a ways out" (not sure what they consider "a ways") and don't want to come to campus if you don't have to.  No, we do not know if they are going to cancel classes for tomorrow.  I recommend getting up at your normal time of 10 am (you lucky dog you) and preparing yourself for class.  Best advise is to check the college web page to see if any announcement is posted there as to school closing. 

Weather woes for those who did come to campus but are concerned that a blizzard might occur.  They don't have enough change for the vending machine to buy up all the granola bars in case they get stranded.  Idiot!! Why aren't you prepared enough to carry snacks with you?  I thought most people did any way snow or not.  Never know when you will be hungry so pack along some snack crackers or granola bars anything.  

Most of all though is weather woes for the following person

  They obviously had called the Service Desk only to be told that "to my knowledge the campus will be open all day."   Upon hearing this bit of unfortunate news they had to drive to campus and attempt to make it on time to class.  In a hurry to be certain they were not late they must have forgotten that there has never been an exit at this spot in the parking lot. 


            





                

No comments:

Post a Comment