Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No Twelve Step Program for Me

My name is Kathie and I have an addiction.

Got your attention, didn't I?  LOL  I do have some addictions but not the kind you might be thinking.  

I have an addiction to Christmas. Yep, in case you didn't already know it I will admit to it.  I love Christmas!  I love Christmas lights, I love to look at them on the tree, I love to see them in the snow.  I love going for drives and seeing the lights.  I used to have some singing lights that I put on my tree and I could sit and listen to my tree. I finally had to get rid of them because they quit working.  Sad, sad day for me. 

I have an addiction to Christmas music. My singing Christmas lights were awesome because they filled two of my Christmas addictions  LOL.   I listen to Christmas music all year round.  I love it when the Christmas radio station here in Tulsa starts playing nothing but Christmas music.  Now, when I say I listen to Christmas music all year round I am not joking.  I just love it!  When I had my stereo system I would put my music on shuffle and would always have one of the CD's be a Christmas CD. 

I have an addiction to Christmas trees.  I do not remember how many I have but I do have four full size trees ranging in size from 9 foot to 5 foot.  Last year I only put up two of them but am hoping to put all four up this year (sorry Gary).  I also have an assortment of decorative Christmas trees.  These are various sizes and I purchase at least one new one every year.  (So far this year I have already purchased two).  I have planning in my head for at least a month where I want to place my trees this year when I put my decorations up. 

I have an addiction to Christmas drinks.  This would include egg nog (or egg milk as my grand kids call it), Christmas tea, Candy Cane tea by Celestial Seasonings, Peppermint Mocha - just about any type of drink (not alcoholic) that represents Christmas.  I have a hard time deciding what I want to drink. 

I have an addiction to the movie Christmas Vacation.  I watch this movie all year round.  Once a month is what I aim for and it would probably be more if I knew how to work our remote controls better.  Anytime I have a surgery I get excited because I secretly plan to spend one of my recovery days watching this. 

I have an addiction to Christmas traditions.  I love Christmas traditions whether they be family or church traditions I love them.  I love knowing that we are going to have cheeseburgers and homemade French fries for Christmas Eve.  I absolutely love knowing that if we go back to Missouri to my in-laws we will be having Gojo's on our way home.  I love the tradition of Christmas Eve service at church.  This has always been one of my favorite traditions. As we have moved and our lives have changed our traditions have changed a little bit but we have tried to keep some of the same maybe just change them up a little bit. 

I have an addiction to Christmas cards.  I realize most people don't send them out any more but I love to choose our Christmas cards and make our list.  Gary always helps me address them (he says it's because my handwriting is so bad).  I love to receive Christmas cards.  I love hearing from family and old friends and far away friends. 

Yes, my name is Kathie and I have an addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment