Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Be Bold

Many of you know that we are part of a church plant.  We belong to Redemption Tulsa.  It's nice to know that 'you belong'.  You are a part of something, and Redemption Tulsa is a BIG something.  It's the chance to share God's word to those who may not know Him.  It's a chance to share what God has done for me and my family. It's a chance to help someone else know the joy and peace that I have through my relationship with God. 

Our goal is to be a church that relates to people. I know that's putting it simply but I am a simple person.  I don't have any theological training or anything.  I just have the knowledge that Christ died for me even though I didn't deserve it. I have the knowledge that I have eternal life because I have accepted Christ as my Savior. I have the knowledge that my God is a loving, caring, disciplining, thoughtful God.  He will be there for me if I seek Him (He is there for me even when I don't seek Him).  

We have prayer meeting on Wednesday evenings. During this time we pray that we would be fruitful and multiply.  This again is simplified and my pastor says it much better. But the bottom line is: we want to spread the word. We want to take it to our family, our neighbors, our friends, our co-workers, our town, to anyone we come in contact with. We want everyone to know what we know.  A recurring phrase I hear from my husband and my pastor is "be bold".   The definition of bold is: not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring. It means we must overcome any fear we may have of speaking up and sharing with (gasp) strangers!  Or even with (bigger gasp) family!.  We have been commissioned to 'spread the word'. I hope that in some small way through my blog posts I spread the word to some who may not have other contact with God's word. 

Tonight I started thinking about the phrase 'be bold' and as oftentimes happens when I think of specific phrases, words or thoughts a poem wrote itself.  I want to share it here with you.  



BE BOLD

Be bold and spread the word
Let others know what you have heard.

Don’t be afraid what others might say
You might not have the chance another day.

No time to waste so don’t hesitate
Speak the word before it’s too late.

It’s an act of courage, you must be bold
Millions out there must be told.

Be bold and speak from your heart
For one person it might be a new start.

People will be put in your path today
So be bold and have your say.

You have been given a command
Spread the word throughout the land.

Don’t hold back just be bold
And tell the story that must be told.

Written by: Kathie Marrs
                      May 28, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment