Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Still a Kid



Have you seen that picture on Facebook recently?  I have.  It's been on a lot of my friends pages.  Do you relate to this?  I know that I certainly do.  I know I can do those things -- my mind assures me I can.  Unfortunately, my body tells me otherwise.  

So I decided to share this poem with you relating those thoughts.  

 THERE’S A KID INSIDE OF ME (2)


In my chair resting my eyes
My mind on the days gone by.

I’m a kid invincible and free
That kid still lives inside of me.

I see her now high in the air
Swinging away without a care.

I see she has a scraped knee
From climbing a gi-normus tree.

On her bike just zipping along
As she sings her favorite song.

With her brothers she gives her all
In playing a game of football.

Two against two a fearsome game
A black eye out of that came.

Down to the creek to mess around
Walk in the woods without a sound.

At the pond I do some wishing
I’ll get the bait, let’s go fishing.

Camping out in the night air
We didn’t have a single care.

Summer time is running out
Time for winter I do shout.

Let’s make a snow fort and hide inside
Throw snowballs at all who pass by.

I’ll get the sleds let’s go downhill
And at the bottom we take a spill.

Time to go inside and warm up
With hot chocolate in a cup.

My eyes snap open and I look to see
If that kid inside is really free.

She isn’t free I quickly see
But I know she lives inside of me.

Yes there is a kid inside of me
In my mind she runs free.

Written by: Kathie Marrs
June 30, 2011

Now you notice that this poem has (2) behind it.  That's because I actually wrote two poems about this.  Gary wasn't real happy with the first one so I wrote this one for him.  The first one he said was kinda sad.    Anyway, enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment