Monday, October 29, 2012

Conspiracy!

I was thinking that there was some kind of conspiracy against me last week. Ever had that feeling? Nothing going right? Can't do what you need to do when you need to?

It wasn't the whole week - just the later part. Started on Thursday - well actually a few weeks ago. I had been having problems with my car. It wouldn't stay charged. It would run just fine then all of sudden wouldn't start. Had the battery tested - everything seemed ok. My son-in-law worked on it - put new posts on, etc. We put it on a charger overnight and car starts working fine. All should be good.

Well, later part of last week I was on my laptop at home. Stepped away without logging out (this is something I never do -- dont' trust people). When I came back my computer was froze up. I couldn't log off or anything. So I did a manual shut down. Ready to log back on and back to checking Facebook. But no - that wasn't happening.

Instead of just opening up to my log in screen the computer pops up that it is going into automatic restore! What!!!??? I didn't ask it to restore. It just decided on it's own to restore itself. After 30 minutes or so I get a log in screen. Try typing in my password but it doesn't take.

After 20 minutes or more of trying passwords I finally get in with an old old password. I do a little bit of stuff on computer then go into the control panel to change my password. I use the password I used to get on. It doesn't work. I try every password I've ever used on that computer. Nothing works. So I start moving files to my dropbox or putting on my flashdrive as a precaution.

Log out of the computer and try logging in. You guessed it! Password doesn't work! I'm sick of messing with the comptuer so put it away for the night. Next evening, I pull the computer out again and try logging in. My password doesn't work -- Surprise! I go to Gary's account on my computer -- but guess what? The computer just shuts itself down!. Now I'm really irritated!!!

So I get Gary's computer out and try to log in on my account. You guessed it - it won't take what I thought was my password or anything I thought was my password. Gary, bless his heart, had more patience than I did and played around until he was able to log into my account and tell me the correct password. He said: "You know your hint is Knock Knock?" I said: "Yes, and I put in everyhing I thought I would have used to answer that. Nothing works!!" I'm not mad at him - I'm just mad at the computers in my household that think they know more than I do!

So the next day is Saturday and it's my Saturday to work. No big deal. We only work half a day if we work on Saturday. So I get ready to leave after work. Go out to the parking lot and guess what? The stupid car won't start!! So I call K.C. to see if she can come and jump me. When she arrives, I pop the trunk on my car to get the jumper cables out. We get the car jumped and go to put the jumper cables back in the trunk. The stupid trunk lid won't close. It just keeps bouncing back up. You may already know this but just in case you don't - if your trunk doesn't close it doesn't matter how many times or how hard you slam it. It still won't close!

K.C. says didn't we just replace this latch not to long ago. Yes, we did -- sutpid car! So I start digging around in my trunk looking for something to tie the lid down with. I find a snowman cup, a couple of blankets, a cake stand (I forgot that was back there), umbrellas, etc. The only thing I can find to use is some silver pipestem cleaners that Lily had put in the trunk. So I'm thinking perhaps we could twist enough of these togehter to pull it down.

For some reason K.C. found this extremely amusing (I think she almost wet her pants laughing). Keep in mind - K.C. is a mechanic - I am not. I know enough about cars from having 3 brothers but I've never felt the need to put any of my knowledge to work. So since K.C. wouldn't even try my pipestem cleaners we ended up using Lily's jacket to tie my trunk lid down.

Gotta tell you - - by Saturday afternoon I was thinking there was a conspiracy against me.

We went and had a new battery installed on the car Saturday evening. I am able to log onto my account on Gary's comptuer. My computer is toast - but it's not surprising - I've had it several years and it has been to the repair shop twice I think. My trunk is still held down with Lily's jacket but life goes on.

So now you know why - for a few days I felt there was a conspiracy against me. Can you relate to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment