Monday, October 15, 2012

My Favorite Apps/Naps

Earlier this year I switched phones.  I went from just texting and calling to a network phone!  Big change for me.  I went with a Lumina Windows phone. Now I would be able to access Facebook, do email, all the good stuff that I had been missing out on. 

I gotta say - I love my new phone.  It has been very easy for me to use.  I can access my banking info online - very handy I must admit.  I can get weather at a glance.  Love this - I can see what the weather is for my girls in Phoenix and for my brother in Pennsylvania, and even for whatever place I am planning to visit (which is no where right now LOL).  I thought it was very wrong this summer when I kept seeing that we were hotter than Phoenix!

I have a countdown app where I can put upcoming events on.  Right now my countdown app has the number of days, hours minutes, seconds, until:  My Grandson comes to visit (31 days, 1  hour and 58 minutes until his plane arrives), Christmas (which is 70 days and 10 hours away), Lily's birthday (she insisted on this - 166 days 5 hours) and my birthday (335 days, 10 hours). 

I have an Anti-Mosquito app, a Code Scanner app (great for getting special deals), a Cheap()air app (if I decide I want to go somewhere), Facebook, Groceries app (make my grocery list and mark it off)., Maps (instant help to get from here to there), Games (I don't use this to much but the grandkids love the Spark Art one).  There are more I could get but I have what I want for now. 

Flashlight App -- this one is cool -- just because it emits the brightest light you have ever seen.  They recently upgraded my Flashlight app and it now shows directions.  I even have a WhatsApp.  This is so I can do group texting with others who have WhatsApp.  Got this one because my daughter/granddaughter wanted me to.  This one is kinda cool because it has cool smiley faces you can add.  I don't have as many cool ones as they do but still cool.  I have Office 365 - very cool - I can do notes, I can have Excel, Power Point and Word. Even cooler - this Office app syncs with my work calendar.  I even have  just a simple My Notes app - which I use extensively for various things.  I just make a simple notation - don't forget quite as much as I used to. 

My favorite apps though?  Gotta be Starbucks Finder and Nap Alarm. 

Starbucks Finder - for when you need that quick fix and you aren't sure where the nearest one is.  Or if you are travelling and unfamiliar with the territory.  Click on that app and instantly you have a list of the closest Starbucks and how far away they are.  You can then use that Map App to get directions.  Gotta tell you, this came in handy when we were in Corpus Christie this summer and we had a rainy day that just called for Starbucks. 

Nap Alarm - this is wonderful and used by me frequently (as in daily).  I love my naps.  I usually take one on my lunch hour at work.  I try to take a short one when I get home from work.  I take naps on the weekend. Saturdays depending on what I am doing I may take 2 in the afternoon.  Definitely a long one on Sunday if at all possible.  My naps aren't usually very long.  I set the Nap Alarm for anywhere from 20-40 minutes. A good power nap does wonders.  Sometimes I am able to get a nap in before going to work in the morning.  Yep, I love my naps and my Nap Alarm. 

These are just some of the apps I recommend.  You may have your favorites - I'd be happy to hear what they are and possibly give them a try.  For now though I think I'll just set a timer for when I can take my next nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment