Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Mom

Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday.  Were you aware of that?  If not - then where have you been?  All the commercials are telling you what you need to get your wife or mother for Mother's Day.  So men - if you have not done so - this is your warning. 

Seriously though - if your mother is still alive - CALL HER!!   She wants nothing more than for you to call her.  Yes, gifts and flowers are nice but she just wants to know that you remember her.  Trust me on this one. 

I lost my mother unexpectedly when I was 19 years old.  That's a time when you think you know everything but you really know nothing.  LOL  I still had so much that I needed to learn from her but had to learn it on my own.  Sorry, girls - I had no one to tell me how to raise you so you were stuck with my version.  

I want to share the following poem I have written about my mother.  Enjoy - and don't forget to call your Mom.  

  MY MOM

She taught me to cook and clean
And even how to sew.
So much for me to learn,
Why did she have to go?

Childhood memories are all I have
And I treasure every one.
Family bike rides, story book reading
Flower gardens – family fun.

I’ve longed to see her face
Many times throughout the years
To hear her voice comfort me
As I struggle through my tears.

I’ve longed for her advice
As I raised my family.
Sometimes all that’s needed
Is a mother’s arms around me.

Nothing can ever take the place
Of a Mother’s love
God must have felt the same way too
When He took her up above.

She was gone without a warning
God called my mother home.
So much still for me to learn
Before I was ready she was gone.

Written by: Kathie Marrs
May 9, 2013



And if you don't have a picture of yourself with your mom -- get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment