Monday, May 20, 2013

School tales

I think I have probably mentioned in the past that I am the only girl and I have three brothers.  When I moved back to Missouri I had the three older girls and they attended the same school my brothers and I went to.  In fact, once they got to High School they had the same teachers my brothers and I had.  My brothers tended to create excitement at school.  Believe it or not my girls also created excitement at school.  I am certain that many of the teachers just knew that my girls took after their uncles.  I thought that perhaps I would share a few of the stories for those who might remember my brothers (or even my girls possibly).   Now, I will not mention names in these stories just in case - don't want to offend anyone.  If you want more detailed information, please feel free to message me on Facebook.
  One of my brothers really liked to, I guess you would say, "have fun" at school.  One time he decided it would be a good idea to staple one of his friends to a chair at school.  He proceeded to staple his friends shirt to the chair of his desk.  This was done without his friend suspecting anything was going on.  Needless to say, when the bell rang for class to be over said friend was not able to jump up out of his chair and leave in any type of hurry. 

Another time this same friend fell asleep in class.  My brother saw this as a perfect opportunity to tie his shoes together.  This time when the bell rang his friend was able to get up out of chair --- and then fall to the floor because of his shoes being tied.  I'm starting to wonder why this guy remained my brothers friend, aren't you?

One year for Homecoming Week they had Dress Up Day.  Now back then it would not be uncommon for the boys to wear suits and ties to school for dress up day.  They took pictures and one brother happened to comment at the dinner table that evening how nice other brother looked in his "striped" pants that day.  My parents asked exactly what he wore to school.  Turns out he wore his overalls.  Unhappy parents that night.

One of the best stories though is on the friend who always, always "borrowed" chewing gum.  This kid never had his own gum but would always ask for gum for everyone else.  Guess my brother was tired of sharing.  He bought a package of Chiclet gum and a package of Ex-lax.  He exchanged the gum for the Ex-lax and when his friend asked for gum that day he just let him have the whole package.  Guess it didn't take very long for that friend to "run" home after school that day.  I don't believe he ever asked for gum again either. 

Now, my girls will tell you they received a bad rap at school because of me.  But there are a few tales on them also.  The drivers ed teacher has to be the most laid-back teacher ever and nothing ever fazes him.  Until my daughter comes along.  Now for some reason, I believe it was Study Hall, and the drivers ed teacher was in charge.  He told the students to be quiet and if they needed anything just "raise your little paws". (Pretty appropriate because our mascot was the Bulldogs).  Of course, my daughter has to go "ruff ruff" like a dog.  I do believe it was the first time that teacher ever gave anyone detention and probably the first time anyone ever got detention for "barking like a dog". 

One of the other girls one time just went into class and the instructor told her to "go to the office - I just don't want to deal with you today."  Yes, probably this time she did get in trouble for "doing nothing". 

I thought these stories might be appropriate for the end of school year.  And knowing my brothers - I guess my girls never had a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment