Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 17 of 21

Well, I cannot believe it is already day 17 of my No Junk Food Challenge.  Doesn't seem like it's been that long already.



Yep, I'm in the final stretch of this challenge now.  Let's review how it's going.  The worst for me was knowing I could not have 'soda' (pop - Pepsi) or chocolate.  This meant no chocolate coke!


Do they really make this in a bottle?  I had no idea!!!  Wow!!!  Well I always got mine from Sonic.  It's more of a treat that way.


Yep, this is what I was asking myself the first couple of days.  It was the beginning of Spring semester. Call volume was up. Stress level was up.  Beginning of semester usually meant at least one chocolate coke to get through the week - most likely it would have been two.

But I made it without any.  I also managed to not do any physical harm to any co-worker who showed up with a Sonic drink. Nor did I reach through my telephone and stupid slap any caller.


Overall, I managed to pass up temptations that have been brought into work (bagels, cream cheese, cookies), I made chocolate chip cookies and did not eat any dough or cookies nor did I lick the beater, I made chocolate no bake cookies and did not eat any, I have gone out to eat and made healthy choices (salads or other healthy options) - even passing up shrimp scampi and coconut shrimp at Red Lobster.

I went to my doctor on Monday. After reviewing my online tests, etc I see that I am down 7 pounds from the last time I saw him - right before Christmas. Now I need to start some sort of exercise routine that I can live with.  I don't run (bad knee one fake knee).  I don't like to do outside (I sweat to much). Nothing to fast paced (I have trouble getting my breath). But I have an idea - I just need to start it.  Maybe I could do a 21 day walking challenge or something after I finish my 21 day No Junk Food Challenge.  Just 4 more days.




No comments:

Post a Comment