Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 3 - Still Hanging in There

Okay today was Day 3 of No Junk Food Challenge.




Overall I am doing well.  I miss chocolate but probably what I miss the most is coke and cappuccino. Yep, it appears that drinks are my biggest downfall. I always have something to drink sitting beside me, a coke,bottle of water, a coffee, hot tea, Pepsi, chocolate coke.  Lots of times I have two drinks sitting beside me; okay I'll be honest I usually have two drinks sitting beside me - one hot and one cold. This is definitely the hardest part for me.



I'll be honest I would give almost anything for a large chocolate coke from Sonic.  I think I mentioned that I have one or two of these a week.  Didn't know this would be the hardest for me.


Look what was brought into work today. Pound cake.  I really like pound cake.  Sitting at lunch my friend remarked on how good the pound cake was and asked if I had tried it. I reminded her I was doing No Junk Food and couldn't. She said it was just as well as it didn't taste very good.  LOL  - Thanks for trying to make me feel better.  I can truthfully say that I resisted eating a piece of this deliciousness.  It was very hard.  Pound cake is one cake that I do like.

My poor granddaughter. Her mother had a chocolate fondue pot delivered to her house today. A late Christmas present from me (actually it took the place of another gift that was a duplicate). Her brother wanted to immediately try it out. (Don't blame him - I would too). Granddaughter begged them not to use it until after the challenge.  I hope they waited for her as that would certainly be a HUGE temptation for anyone.

Now I'm going to go get something to drink. Really, really, really want a Pepsi but I will instead get a glass of juice.

To anyone doing this challenge with me, let me know how you are doing.  What is hardest for you? What do you struggle with?  Let us help you celebrate your accomplishments. I found out today that another friend is doing this challenge and has lost 3 1/2 pounds.  That is something to be proud of. Keep up the good work everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment