Sunday, January 25, 2015

Challenge Over

Well - here it is - the end of my 21 day No Junk Food Challenge.  Hard to believe that it has been 21 days.



Remember the rules I had?  It looks pretty daunting.  I knew going in that the NO CHOCOLATE - NO SODA - NO WHITE BREAD  would be my hardest challenges.  And the first week was pretty hard - especially the soda.

So overall how has it gone for me you ask?  Well, overall it has gone well.  I have switched to wheat bread and also to wheat tortillas.  Both choices I intend to continue. I was able to manage without the soda and chocolate. Fortunately this challenge did not totally take away caffeine so I still had my coffee.

I have switched to using honey instead of sugar for my hot tea and oatmeal.  I just totally stayed away from chips - did not even try to find a substitute for them.

21 days and my marriage is still intact. I have not done any bodily damage to my husband or co-workers. I would say that is a major plus.

I have lost four pounds during this past three weeks. This is a big plus as the main reason I started this challenge was as a means to start weight loss. I deal with a lot of pain and know that losing weight will probably help this to some extent.

I intend to continue this no junk food. The worst part is over. The habit is now a habit for me. I know I can make wise choices when eating out.  I know that keeping apples and veggies on hand for snacking works.

So now what?  Well, I intend to start a walking program to assist with my healthier food choices. I have been researching and know that I cannot do the ones I have found on the internet. I cannot run so I have created my own program.  I intend to start walking three times a week for at least 30 minutes each time.  This will be in addition to my break time walks at work.  On my breaks I take the elevator to the top floor and walk the halls back down to my office.

Now, by putting this plan on my blog I have an added commitment to do the walking. I've put it on the line. So let's see how this goes for the next 21 days or so.

For those who have followed my progress, thank you for the support you have given me. I will continue to blog about various things - open for discussion so let me know if you have something you want my opinion on.  LOL  I will blog at least once a week regarding my walking plan.






No comments:

Post a Comment