Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 1 -

Today started the No Junk Food Challenge. I made it through the day.  It was HARD!




I must not have been thinking clearly when I took the challenge. I must have forgotten that we were starting back from Winter Break.  I must have forgotten that classes start next week. I must have forgotten that I work in a Call Center. I must have forgotten that students will need help

I will need prayer to get through this. Pray that God keeps his hand on my mouth. Pray for my phone manners.

So how did today go you ask?

Breakfast: - I had a glass of orange, pineapple, banana juice. Didn't feel like making eggs. My next choice would then be toast. Hmmm - I never went to the store to get wheat bread. Will skip breakfast today.

Stopped at Quik Trip on my way to work. This is typical for me. I usually get cappuccino. Let's embrace this No Junk Challenge. I skipped the cappuccino and got a large coffee - I did put some sugar free creamer in it.

Lunch: - well this was a disappointment for me. How so, you ask.  Well I usually take one of those Campbell soup things for lunch. I always get Creamy Tomato Parmesan Bisque. At the store I had grabbed two cans for the week. Last night I realized that one of those cans was actually Cheesy Potato with Bacon flavor. What idiot put that can on the shelf with the Tomato Bisque?  I don't think I like them at all.  I did not like the soup.  I stayed away from the vending machine which normally I might have gone to being disappointed in my lunch.  Good thing only one of those cans was the Potato Pukey stuff.

During my day at work I drank two large 33.something ounces bottles of water. This is typical for my work day.

I am getting a headache. One of those bad headaches. Doesn't help that my shoulder hurts. Darn, no pain pills in my desk drawer or my purse. Able to borrow a couple of Tylenol from co-worker - she is a saint.

First few weeks of semester usually mean a soda a day at work. This helps me regroup, refocus and recharge. Didn't happen today - I muddled through.

Home from work and I feel kinda hungry, the only thing I have had to eat today was the pukey soup I did not like. I ate a piece of ham.  Just ham - no bread - no mayo - just rolled it up and ate it.

Dinner: - it's Monday night. We always go out to eat with my BFF and her husband.  Hmm - I played it safe and ordered a Chef Salad and water.  Tasted good.  I like chef salads.  Sure would have liked a Pepsi.

Okay - I have made it through Day 1.  Will go get a bottle of water. I feel full so should not want anything to eat before bedtime.

Have checked in with friends who are also taking the challenge.  One reports that she wants ice cream - she thinks she will go to bed early. One has not yet yet reported on her day. She is a teacher - probably still at work.  Hope she makes it okay.

Granddaughter has checked in. She made the sacrifice yesterday and ate a bag of M & M's so she wouldn't be tempted.  She agrees - this is HARD.

I will go to bed and dream of Chocolate Cokes from Sonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment