Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 6 - Running Errands



Well today was a day that kind of had me concerned. Typically on Saturdays I will run errands, go to the bank, etc. I usually grab a sandwich at Wendy's or Arby's while I am out. I also treat myself to that chocolate coke from Sonic that I love.

No Fast Food -- No Chocolate - No Soda ----  three big NO'S on the Junk Food Challenge.

Well, I revised my typical Saturday. I got up late, this is typical for me on Saturday.  Well, actually I got up early. 5;20 to be exact. Chris had asked for a ride to work. The bus schedule does not run in a fashion to get him to work on time on the weekends.  The weather has been super cold and instead of riding his bike he has been riding the bus. So I got up and took him to work then came home and went back to bed.

After getting up, I made a pot of coffee had my shower then made breakfast.  I fried a couple of eggs and put them on top of wheat berry toast. Along with a glass of juice and a cup of coffee it was a very good breakfast.

Now this is when I would usually start my errands. Not today.  I then cleaned up the area around the wood stove and carried in 5 loads of wood. Had to rest after that. That's kind of how I roll.  I work a little - I rest a little.  LOL  I then swept, swiffered and mopped the floors throughout the house. This wasn't done all at once. I used my method of work and rest throughout the process.  I then ate a couple of sliced of wheat berry toast.

Chris called me about 2 to say that he was off work and ready to go home. I picked him up and took him home. I then ran my errands. By doing this I was not out at lunch time and was not tempted to stop and get a sandwich from some fast food place.  I did not even allow my errands to take me by a Sonic today. In Tulsa this can be a difficult thing to work around as we have almost as many Sonics as we have Quik Trips.

Gary and I went out to eat tonight before going grocery shopping.  I played it safe and had a Cancun Salad (we ate at a Mexican place).  And for those of you who are wondering 'I thought you said you ran errands. Why didn't you buy groceries then?'  Gary loves to go grocery shopping. We also take Chris to buy his groceries every week. So we typically go grocery shopping on Saturday nights.  I bought myself some wheat tortillas, some apples, oat nut bread and some salad for the week.  I should be good to go for the upcoming week.

When talking to my granddaughter today I asked how she was doing on the No Junk Food. She said it was actually getting easier. I agree - it does seem to be somewhat easier.  I think the first week is the hardest and now it's just a matter of continuing so that it has become a habit.  Glad today went as well as it did.


No comments:

Post a Comment