Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 5 - End of Work Week



Thank goodness the work week is over!!  I gotta tell you doing this No Junk Food has made me realize how much I really 'treat' myself.  Yes, I typically stop at Sonic and get myself a large Chocolate coke once or twice a week.

Our semester starts next week. This means a higher than usual volume of calls. We had issues with some of our programs and this created issues with student accounts not updating as quickly as they normally would. this resulted in an increase in calls.


This is how I felt as I'm laying with my head on my desk as I attempt to assist yet another person with a password reset and it has already been 15 minutes and they are only now able to type in the password I have set for them. This is the point where I would normally grab that large chocolate coke and take a sip - a very long sip.  I did not have that option available for me and I gotta say - I really missed it!

I have a headache which could turn into a migraine so I will have to take some medicine. I am so glad that this is not transmitted across the phone to the people I talk to.  It is true that a smile can be 'heard' over the phone.  On top of the headache my joints hurt. This is from arthritis and fibromyalgia. It is what it is.  But after spending 25 minutes with a person on the phone just trying to help them reset their password this is how I feel.



I am so grateful that my parents taught me how to treat people with respect so that at the end of the conversation this is the image the person on the other end of the line has of me as they are thanking me for my patience.



I'm sure this first week will be the hardest and the weekend coming up may prove to be more so as I will be home. I think it's easier to 'treat' yourself at home. I know it's important to keep healthy choices around so will be trying to make some wise choices at the store this week.

My friends doing the challenge with me have reported increased energy and some weight loss. I cannot say that I have had the same results but I know that I have followed the guidelines and not had the junk food so I feel like I am doing good.  Let's see how my weekend goes.










No comments:

Post a Comment